Weekly Music

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Dead Weather - "Hang You From the Heavens"

I like to grab you by the hair
and drag you to the devil
Rating: 8/10
The Dead Weather is one of Jack White's numerous music groups. He is known for his eccentric style and immense talent; and although he does not sing lead vocals on this particular track, Alison Mosshart does a fantastic job, while White is on percussion. The guitar and bass do not seem too complicated, but they sound spectacular with the drums. Like much of Jack White's music, it takes a while to recognize how incredible the song really is because it is so strange. The bizarre lyrics made me wonder about the mental state of the writer, but then I could not get the song out of my head. After listening to it more, I began to hear the brilliance in the music. The track is odd, but it is catchy and quite amazing. If you are like me and think the song is too weird at first, give it a couple listens before you judge it too harshly.

No comments:

Post a Comment