Weekly Music

Friday, January 24, 2014

All Time Low - "A Love Like War (feat. Vic Fuentes)"

Hearts on fire tonight
Feel my bones ignite
Love feels like war, war
Rating: 6/10
Here's a fairly well-known band with one of their most popular songs. If you don't know them,they are a pop-punk band from Baltimore, Maryland who make extremely catchy songs with more of a rock sound than some mainstream music. This particular song is from the September re-release of their most recent album, Don't Panic: It's Longer Now! and features Vic Fuentes, vocalist of the post-hardcore band Pierce the Veil. I'll admit, I am not a huge fan of All Time Low; I don't find main singer Alex Gaskarth's vocals all that gripping as they are not, in my opinion, so very unique. I do, however, enjoy Pierce the Veil to an extent and so I listened to this song mostly for Vic. Then I listened again. And again, and again. It is a song that gets stuck in your head and refuses to leave. From Jack Barakat's first guitar riff, to the fast, gunshot-like drums by Rian Dawson this song hooked me and I now I quite like it, not to mention how nicely Gaskarth and Fuentes' vocals go together. If you're a hardcore original punk and rock fan, there is nothing I can say to make you like this, but whether you are or not, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment