Weekly Music

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Dev- 99 Red Balloons

Rating: 8/10
There's something here from somewhere else
Originally by German band Nena, recorded in 1982. I like this one's continuity more (there's also a very similar video by Goldfinger) but the original German is better overall.

Non-nightcore German (--->). Video doesn't capture the spirit of the song, but it's still pretty to look at.

I would have also given a link to a English cover by Nena(I know I watched one), but unfortunately, most versions of this song on YouTube are blocked in my country (it's currently set at 'worldwide'; USA is not available; and I tried telling YTube I was in Finland) by Sony Music Entertainment on copyright grounds. There is a track called "99 Luftballoons" on the Nena VEVO channel, and I won't tell you to not watch it, but it's not the track I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment